GVSU Faculty & Staff can find information about University property disposal here.
Buyers are responsible for picking up all items they have purchased at the GVSU Surplus Store, whether online or in-store. The Surplus Store does not ship out online orders. Buyers must pick up their items during open hours Monday-Friday 10:00am - 3:00pm.
Customers have one week from point of sale date to pick up purchased items.
Assistance loading items is a courtesy provided by the GVSU Surplus Store staff. The Surplus Store staff is not accountable for damage occurring to vehicles while moving or loading items. Please note no gratuities will be accepted.
Due to liability, personal injury and property damage the staff of the GVSU Surplus Store is not able to provide the following services for customers:
- Move or rearrange existing items in a customers vehicle
- Remove seats from vehicles
- Attempt to put items in a vehicle that clearly will not fit
- Tie down items to trailers, vehicle roofs or trunks
In most cases, the GVSU Surplus Store does not ship online orders to customers, however we may be able to ship an order in a unique situation. Please confirm this with store staff BEFORE placing an order and to get information on shipping costs and carriers.
Within 7 days of purchase
We will gladly accept returns for a full refund in the original payment method within 7 days of purchase with a valid receipt (email or paper copy). If you provided us with your customer account during checkout, we may be able to look up your receipt. However, we recommend saving your receipt in case this is not an option.
Items must be in the same condition in which they were sold and cannot be missing parts (cords, attachments, etc.). You may also apply the balance of the return toward another purchase or exchange the item.
After 7 days from purchase
If you do not have a receipt or it has been longer than 7 days since your purchase, you can return your items for store credit only. You will be required to set up a customer account (first, last name, email, phone number) in which we will save your store credit amount in order to apply it to future purchases.
After 30 days from purchase
At this time, we cannot accept returns for items purchased after 30 days.
- We do not offer cash returns on any purchases
- If the original form of payment was via check, we are only able to allow in store credit for returns
- Customer accounts are required to process returns
- Clearance and sale items are final and cannot be returned
- Excessive returns will result in the loss of return privileges