- Policies & Procedures
Policies & Procedures
Terms and Conditions of Sales
All items are offered for sale on an "as-is" basis with no warranty of guarantee. All Sales are final, and there are no returns.
In order to claim Michigan sales tax exemption for purchases you must provide GVSU Surplus Store with the following information:
- Username for our website.
- The purchaser must complete all four sections of the Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption to establish a valid exemption claim. That certificate can be found at http://www.michigan.gov/documents/taxes/3372_216612_7.pdf
- A purchaser who claims exemption must provide the GVSU Surplus Store with an exemption certificate AND their sales tax license number (or use tax registration number)
- Once these steps have been completed please email all this documentation and information to the GVSU Surplus Store at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to process your order without MI sales tax otherwise your order will be charged MI sales tax.
Shipping and Local Pickup
Buyers are responsible for picking up all items they have purchased, either at a live sale or via the online website, directly at the GVSU Surplus Store location on 140 Front Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504. It is the responsibility of the buyer to arrange pick up dates and times as the Surplus Store does not ship out items. Please contact the Surplus Store to schedule a pick up date and time. Customers have two weeks from point of sale date to pick up purchased items.
Loading items for customers is a courtesy provided by the GVSU Surplus Store staff. The Surplus Store staff is not accountable for damage occurring to vehicles while moving or loading items for the customer. Please note no gratuities will be accepted.
Due to liability, personal injury and property damage the staff of the GVSU Surplus Store is not able to provide the following services for customers:
- Move or rearrange existing items in a customers vehicle
- Remove seats from vehicles
- Attempt to put items in a vehicle that clearly will not fit
- Tie down items to trailers, vehicle roofs or trunks
Contact the GVSU Surplus Store for information on local shipping vendors that pickup, package, and ship items to a desired location, for a fee, which is decided and collected separately by the shipping vendor. Be aware that the GVSU Surplus Store does not have any pricing information. Call or email at 616-331-9072 or email@example.com for more information.